A Mistake

A HUGE mistake... can I put extra stress on the HUGE part! I've made a lot of mistakes, but this was the biggest one I've made in a while. Not that it was just me that made the mistake, but us. We both took part in it, Emily and myself, when we read this sign:



What? This has got to be a joke! So we pulled over and checked out a map from a gas station. We laughed because it would have been awfully embarrassing to cry when we saw that we were on the shores of Washington just a few miles West of Olympia, when this whole time we thought we were on a direct route from Portland to Walla Walla. So, we called a friend who burst into laughter when she found out where we were, but was thoughtful enough to put us on the right track. We pulled into our small college town at 10 pm, but what a fun trip! A mistake... but maybe not, because i wouldn't change a thing.

There were a couple of guys that made a HUGE, even bigger than ours, mistake once. Sergey and Larry had put a lot of time and money into creating a search engine that they called Googol, which refers to 10^100. The name Googol was misspelled and printed as what we know now as Google. The word Google was recently added into both the Merriam Webster Collegiate Dictionary and the Oxford Dictionary. A HUGE mistake... or a success?

Maybe these mistakes I think I've made, aren't really mistakes at all! Maybe God's just working to make a HUGE success!

Comments

  1. I'm really proud of you guys for being optimistic about the whole thing. It was nice to hear you guys laugh...even though you'd been driving FOREVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not implying anything... but this exact same situation occurs in the movie Dumb and Dumber. Isn't that funny? Again, I'm not implying anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I resent what Nick is saying. :) Nick, don't make me talk about painting big cards....yeah. you want to make fun of us now? haha tina you're the best-i had a really awesome time. i haven't listend to the radio like that in a long time. :) love mily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats funny! I bet you girls had fun! Didn't all the pine trees and lack of wheatfields give it away that you weren't going the right direction haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you