Bursting


Love wholeheartedly, be surprised, give thanks and praise - then you will discover the fullness of your life.
- David Steindl-Rast


When I finally felt my mature bone growing out of my childhood at around age 13 it was an uncomfortable growing time. I started pretending that things weren't so cool anymore or maybe that I was too cool for everything else. One time my dad bought tickets to a Dixie Chicks concert, who happened to be my favorite band of all time, after I turned 14. Everything inside of me wanted to shriek and shout for gratitude and excitement when he surprised me with the tickets just hours before. Instead... I brushed it off like no big deal, "Oh. Hey, thanks dad!" When really I could have peed my pants! This kind of stuff would happen all the time.
Within the last year a friend surprised me with an opportunity to go to my second NFL game... My heart suddenly got excited and everything inside of me wanted to show excitement and shout words of gratitude, but instead I blew it off like it was nothing with, "Oh. Thanks, but that's not really necessary!" When do we learn to live a full life by letting our emotions blow out from behind these walls that hold us back, maybe it's a maturity thing or maybe it's protection from vulnerability. I don't know but why is it so hard for me? I'm ready to let all the excitement burst!

Comments

  1. Let it out. Explode. Being excited about things is one of my most favorite qualities in some of my most favorite people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, and i think often i do see you explode. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone called me excitable once. I didn't mind at all. Let it out Teens...people will love you for it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Thank you

ArgenTINA Here She Comes