Another night

Every night's the same... I lay my head on the pillow, fists clenched in a ball, eyes pressed tightly shut, legs curled up to my chest, quick and shallow breaths, and a locked up heart. As I lay in bed every night my memory ponders the days events and attempts to recall my faults... my cutting words, negative sarcasm, and thoughts of judgement and fear, and doubt.

Last night was different, for the first time in months my hands were open, eyes gazing upward, long deep breaths, relaxed. I felt loved, accepted and faultless for the first time. In the company of 5 optimistic and uplifting girls for the weekend in Portland. We fell asleep with a snap of a finger, in the presence of one another after sharing a long drive from Walla Walla and some good laughs in the hot tub.

Today I wished my good friend Emily "GOOD LUCK!" as she strolled out the door, looking like a million bucks for her interview for PA school! Then wished Trina a safe trip to church at PAA where she met other students from WWU to do the church service. Later Sasha, Chelsey and Summer woke up and we ran down the stairs to grab some breakfast in the lobby. Soon after we hit the road and lost ourselves in the center of Portland shopping, eating and chatting! It was a long day, full of excitement and now I'm ready to lay my head down and fall asleep.





Thanks Trina for your camera and Em for your artsy photo skills!

Comments

  1. You guys are such good friend Tina. Wish I could have been there. I hope sleep comes easier and rest in your brain comes quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should relax more often. You obviously enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans