A year ago today...

It's Christmas. A year ago today I was on a beach with 80 orphans. Family. Brothers and sisters. I love them and miss them.



December 25, 2008 -

Simple days bring the sweetest memories

It's mid afternoon, the sun is bright and the air is warm. I slowly open my eyes and find myself laying on a grass mat looking up at a blue sky and the palm trees that provide shade. I close my eyes again in the wonder of this moment and my body goes limp again as the girl holding my head in her lap continues to play with my hair. As I lay with my eyes closed, I store the precious memory in my mind and title it, simply the best Christmas ever.
It was a simple Christmas this year, no large wish lists and no big gifts. Infact Christmas day found us at a beach with 80 kids where we played in the warm salt water and laughed so hard our stomachs ached. Not only did we have a good time with the kids and make new friends but we spent time with old friends. Kara and I met Ryan at the orphanage and it was a fun time to talk and joke with each other. The week spent at Sweet Home orphanage was more than simply relaxing, it was a learning experience that I wish every person could encounter. There's so much I could say about being there and my experience, just not enough time. But the simple days most definitely bring the sweetest memories.

Comments

  1. oh i was doing this same thing today....reflecting to christmas last year and that big mat....:) i just texted you. maybe, you'll text me back. :) miss you tina! love emily

    p.s. i love the little girl with the straggley pig tails. she's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a lucky girl Tina Rhuman.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans