The first time


We always remember our "very first" of something. Usually the thought of the "very first" is also identified with the person whom we shared the experience with or who might have influenced us. I enjoy thinking about all my firsts and remembering the people who helped me take another step into life.
First day of school with my mom.
First snow fort with my dad.
First time piercing my ears with Kati Winkle and Ashley Brito.
First time living in a dorm with Brianne Bechtel.
First time driving without parental supervision with Nick Maniscalco.
First time drinking straight black coffee with Nancy Blaire.
First time traveling in India and Nepal with Kara Hughes.
First time eating carrot mush with Emily Wilkens.
First time wakeboarding with Chris Parker.
First time leaving UCA without permission with Kristen Milligan.
First time coloring my hair with Sasha Bothe.
First time biking around Hayden Lake on a tandem with Nolan Kinne.
First time to Africa with Laura P.
First time wearing a saree with Miriam and Souljenya
First time making cinnamon rolls with Chris Nelson.
First time at camp with Erica Hixon.
First time dissecting a cat with Ashley Brito.
First time skipping class with Heidi Penner.
First outlined and documented road trip with Kati Winkle.

I love doing things for the first time. And I've noticed that many of the 'firsts' I've done have a lot to do with the people in my life at the time of the event. Some things I would never have done if it weren't for the people I had met. I wonder if I'll ever run out of 'first' things to do. I've got a list of 'firsts' to accomplish but what happens when I run out? I guess I'll have to keep meeting new people that continue to introduce new activities and push me to take another step toward the fullness of life.

Comments

  1. Speaking of firsts... I've never spent Christmas where there was snow. Never had a white Christmas. Will this year be different? Please say yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first time eating carrot mush?? that's all we have done for the first time. how about we make a new one....a new first...that one is to mushy. hahaha love em

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans