Can of worms

"I used to believe in God, but if He really exists why is my life falling apart?"
"Everything I get, I work for, it comes from me. God doesn't have anything to do with it."
"I'm happy that you think you can trust this God and live with peace or whatever, but I'm the one that takes care of you."
"When I can't afford to live anymore and support my family, what is God going to do, provide a bridge to live under?"
"You say not to worry, but if I don't worry who will? Obviously not God."
"You rest on the Sabbath, but if I rested every Saturday we couldn't afford to live."
"Yes, I'm depressed. But what is God going to do about it? He hasn't done anything yet."
"That accident? So, that was God's will? Why would I trust a God like that?"
"I used to pray that He would make things better, but it's been years and nothing has happened. I give up!"

It was opened. I heard it all. With my own ears, in my own house. God where are you?

Comments

  1. man tina, we should talk sometime. your a strong one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh teens. answers to those questions don't ever seem like answers. my heart hurts for you. for your family. let's talk. soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tina.. i know the feeling. but from the other side. you know that i come from a long line of adventists. i'm fourth generation. you'd expect my family to be filled with joy, and happiness and peace as they live each day following God with love in their hearts. however, it's weird, i live people who call themselves "true" adventists, and call themselves "followers" of Jesus, but you would be hard-pressed to find more unhappy, critical and judging people if you tried.

    i question God's intentions ALL the TIME with my family's situation. i frequently hear myself asking; why am i here? God, why aren't YOU here? surely if YOU WERE things would not be removed from happiness and love..surely if you cared you would solve this.

    i have prayed for years about my mum and her attitude towards me and God. and it feels at times like my prayers are falling on deaf ears, because it is as if the situation is no different that when i first uttered my first prayer of this nature. i do not know what His will is, for you or me.

    what i do know is we are promised that nothing will happen that we cannot handle with God beside us. and we both know God keeps His word! it might sound twisted that your blog post has encouraged me, but i have found incredible comfort in the fact that someone out there knows how i feel.

    i'm praying for you and really appreciate you sharing this :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! after I read the first sentence, I already knew who was speaking the words. I'm glad I got to talk to you a little over Christmas break and learn a little more about you and your life. I wish I could hang out with you more. Life is a struggle most of the time, nothing seems to come easy. I hope I can see you soon. I'm in town this week, I don't start school again til the 11th. Let me know if you and Em want to hang out :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans