Plan of Action


I said a few blogs ago that I was wandering.
I don't think we as humans ever stop. But I wouldn't call it wandering instead I would call it searching.
But I think it's good to search, because if we never searched or had that desire for something more we'd never grow.
I said that I needed a new vision because my visions have been blurred. But I don't want a vision anymore, because visions are something to look forward to, something to expect for myself, and expectation usually causes pain. Instead I have thought about my vision as a plan of action. I think I have it narrowed down to about three or four plans I want to pursue in life:

1. Take the risk. -- to search, to pursue, to move, to stand up, to speak, to feel, to love, to accept, to open, to change, to enjoy, to BE.

Life is a risk, and everyday we have a chance to accept the risk and live to our full potential. We often lay low to see what will happen or to make sure everything is safe and no harm will be done before we make a decision. But we have no guarantee in this life. Take the risk and make something happen! Most times the risks we should take seem scary and impossible to imagine, but risking makes us grow in ways that change our lives. The greatest risk ever made: God gave us the decision to love him. There is no risk that could be more painful and more wonderful than that.

2. Don't take time, but have time.

I use to feel that I was missing out on life if I wasn't included in all of the group events or was unable to attend the biggest parties, or gone the weekend something fun was happening. I would hurry from one place to another in hopes that I wouldn't "miss out." But one thing I've learned and truly believe is that if I'm doing God's will, I'm most definitely not "missing out" but rather living real.Often times we move as fast as we can, and we never have time to just be. We tend to walk with a hurry in our step. When I'm late I might be able to take time to listen to the needs of a friend, but rarely do I "have time." I want to always HAVE time even when I'm late and to walk with less hurry inside, because my friends and family in my life deserve my time. My 100%, fully present time! And I won't be missing out.

3. Let go.

We have a difficult time letting go of past mistakes, or letting go of the good or the pain that haunts us from the past. But there's nothing we can do to change the past or arrange for our future. Let go and God will tend to your needs. He will take the past and will arrange for your future!
Let it go and Live it up!

Comments

  1. Oh Tina. So wise. I'm good at the first one but can definitely work on the other two.

    In other news, Tara and I had a contest to see who could eat more spoonfuls of flour. It was awesome/awful. Pretty sure I won.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. A flour eating contest. How exciting, wish you guys were closer so that I could have been there!
    Or why don't you come home with Tara for christmas and we'll all do something really fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teens...what I especially love about your blog is I get to see you growing, even though I'm not there to experience it directly. Keep seeking growth and asking questions, that's how we succeed in this world. And I mean, REALLY succeed.

    On another note, Nick doesn't actually KNOW if he won or not, we have documented footage and the jury is still out.
    Also, Nick definitely SHOULD come home for Christmas. Our home, that is. I'll ask.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Thank you

ArgenTINA Here She Comes