Charity: Water

The other day I was talking with a friend who was telling me about this Christian band that was being considered to come to WWU and put on a concert. He was telling me that this band had a list they had sent to the University. A list that entailed everything they would expect WWU to provide for them to make their stay here more comfortable. I asked what things this might include and he mentioned the following:
1. 1 pack of Red Bull for each band member
2. Bottled water (a certain brand)
I'm not sure if those were all the items he could remember or if I stopped listening before he could mention any more.
Bottled water.
REALLY... Bottled water? A specific brand? It's probably Figi water, the stuff that's $5 a bottle. These guys call themselves Christians but they can't drink from the tap with a blessed heart? When there are billions of people who search all day and only find murky, stagnant water, these guys prefer a special kind of water that can only be found at a certain store? It really upset me... So you want to spread the news of Jesus Christ through your singing, well have at it with your bottled water in hand. Don't bother to take a look at the millions dying from lack of clean water. The other day I was shown this video about water. I think you'll understand what I mean if you watch it.

The story of charity: water - The 2009 September Campaign Trailer from charity: water on Vimeo.

What are they doing with their music and their voices? Are they going to use the money from their concerts to provide the millions dying of thirst with clean water? I'd really like to know! I guess I can't judge... and that's something I'm really working on, but I don't understand. I don't understand where their hearts are. Serving God? or Living in luxury?
I've thought about this a lot over the last week. About what I think about having this group come perform and what we should do. Should we stand up for what we know is right? Or just let it go and pretend like there's nothing wrong?
What can I do to help? There has to be something. I'm sure WWU could take the money it would cost to have this band come and ask each student to instead give $5 or $10 and we could provide clean water to people and save lives. There is something we can do, if it's a birthday or a concert. There is something we can do!

Comments

  1. That is a really moving. extremely. missed you this weekend tina! love em

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got your head on so straight, Tina Rhuman. Your passion is in the right place. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the firey passion I'm hearing in your words. I've had some similar passionate moments here at Southern. You can do it Tina. You can make changes. Let the passion drive you. No, let God drive you. Love you Teens, let's talk more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, are you referring to Western Washington University?

    I would love to put on a benefit concert to raise money for charity: water. I know this post is old, but what do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Thank you

ArgenTINA Here She Comes