Just Thankful

We've had a few days together, the longest time we've had together since before I left for India. When we're together it's as if my worries and fears vanish and life seems to emerge. When we're together he reminds me that there's more to life than what I need or ought to do. I can do what I want to do and it's okay! Let me tell you a little bit about him. He's very smart... infact he skipped 6th grade and continued with a 4.0 gpa. He's adventurous... always creating new and exciting things to do like snowboarding behind the ATV with a ski rope. He believes in me and pushes me out of my comfort zone... this last summer he helped me defeat my fear of backflips on the trampoline. He is very tactful of the needs of others... just saturday in church an older man was sitting alone so he left his seat with friends to join him. He is honest... never afraid to tell me the truth or put me in my place. He is witty and silly... accountable for making me laugh so hard I cry everytime we're together. He is a great advisor... always offers encouraging advice, a great tutor for homework, and excellent with finances. He is great at making others feel important and that they matter to him. We never argue because he's taught me that arguing can hurt others and love is a choice we can make. He's very athletic and we have a good time coaching eachother and playing around. He never judges and always gives the benefit of the doubt. When I'm tired, lonely, confused, or stressed he always has something fun up his sleeve to fix me right up.

I'm sure you're thinking that there is nobody that could possibly fit this "fictitious" portrait, but there is. And I'm lucky enough to call him my brother. God is so good! And I'm so thankful that we're together this Thanksgiving!

Comments

  1. "We never argue because he's taught me that arguing can hurt others and love is a choice we can make." This is a really beautiful thing Teens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I kind of remember this dude coming to camp. I had no idea he was so smart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Thank you

ArgenTINA Here She Comes