Portland evacuation

"Take I-5 North"
"No, South!"
"No, wait. Tina I think we're suppose to go towards Seattle."
"No, it's the Dalles going North."
"Hey, we've been over this bridge already. And I think I've seen that building before."

And it went on like this for at least 30 minutes...

A group of 11 or 12 of us went to Portland this weekend and cheered Ashley Zalsaman on as she ran another one of her marathons. We each took turns running along side of her for a couple of miles and cheering her on. It was so inspiring to see so many people finish such a tough race. It almost inspired me enough to want to run a full marathon someday. It was a ton of fun and a great opportunity to meet new people and make new friends. On our way home I rode back with Emily Wilkens and Kara Hughes. I guess you could say none of us have a good sense of direction, but we do know quite a bit about cars and the 3 different ways to get back to Walla Walla from Portland, including the scenic route, which is great if you ever get the time! Not only did we break down on the side of the road in a thick dust storm in the middle of nowhere, but we found some new towns and rivers, made great friends, and learned a lot about ourselves and each other. We might have been lost most of the trip but we made it back to Walla Walla and with high spirits! What a great blessing it is when God brings us friends who we can share such memories with! We must be loved :)

Comments

  1. I laughed out loud when I read that Emily was with you. We've experienced many of those times together. I was right most of the time, I'd just like to add.

    Tina, those are some awesome people you are hanging out with. I wish I was making memories with you guys. A. Lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to cheer on a couple of my friends at a triathlon yesterday. I bet some taco bell that ben foote would beat this other guy... but ben didn't really train for the race at all, so I lost. in other news, i'm glad we're blogging buddies now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thank-you for making me feel like myself Tina. It was awesome. Um...I have to tell you about why I wasn't at bosu ball class this morning. !!! Let's hang out soon! Love Emily

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you