It's not over

Fight, Fight, FIGHT, FIGHT... the words repeat in my head as I walk from class to class.
Over and over, that's all I hear.
When I'm busy the voice keeps getting louder and louder.

FIGHT. Don't give up. FIGHT. Don't give up.

The other voice starts as a whisper in the night when I'm falling asleep.
And it wakes me up in the morning before the sun.
This voice is the one that tears me down. Brings me to tears.

RUN. You'll never be good enough. RUN. You'll never be good enough.

I don't know which to listen to. They both have their pros and cons.

FIGHT. Don't give up. - "It's going to be a hard fight, but you'll make it."
In other words, there is hope. But it's not easy.

RUN. you'll never be good enough. - "There's an easy way out. Run away from your fears and start fresh."
Another option... Run away and never face the truth, it's that easy.

Two voices to listen to. Two options, two choices, two paths, two lives.
But God says,
"Trust me. I have HUGE plans for you. It may be painful now but I promise you a future of JOY."

So, I wait. With my little seed of trust... that grows every day.
I lay it all on the His table.
It's not easy, and sometimes it hurts.
But I know it's not over.
I'll keep fighting.
Because He promises and He never fails.

Comments

  1. Fight. Yes. But fight for the things that are worth fighting for. FOR YOU. And run. Yes. But run towards what brings you joy and what brings you peace. You're good at life Tina. You are. Call me anytime, I would love that. For real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you're running from or fighting for/against, but be strong. Be brave. You're going to win at whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina!!
    We Love you!!

    You are a fighter so keep fighting!!

    We love you lots and lots you are in our prayer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans