Title IX

So, there's this magazine that has been appearing in my mailbox this summer called Title Nine. I don't know where it came from, but it's addressed to my address with my name. I sort of flipped through the magazine that's full of overly-priced women's outdoor/athletic wear. Cool stuff. Big price. So I put it back down. Then started thinking how something like that got sent to me. I looked through it again, instead of gaping at the prices of these pieces of clothing, I looked at the pictures. I noticed that the pictures of the models were normal looking women (not the typical skin and bones, but curvy and strong). Next to the picture was their name and what they do for work, vacation, advice, etc. I'll share with you a few.

Meet Macy -
  Last Adventure: Part of a two-person crew on a 90-foot yacht; San Francisco to NYC via the Panama Canal.
  Her Duties: Navigation, cooking, adventure planning, and finding the good surf spots.















Meet Charli -
  Job: Writer, reporter
  Interesting fact: "I once used my bikini top as a tourniquet. I was first on scene and the victim survived!"
  Best Advice: Nothing worth doing is easy ... fear lets you know you're alive and on the right path. 














Meet Steph -
Job: Professional climber, base jumper, author, and mom.
How you unwind: I like to clean things.
Best advice given to you: Never hitchhike or you'll end up in somebody's basement for 20 years. 















Meet Anona -
Last Adventure: Camping with a 10-month old.
Next Adventure: An all-moms climbing trip.

















Need I say anymore? Now, I understand why I receive this magazine in my mailbox. I should be a model for Title Nine. Or maybe I should live a life that would be worth featuring in a magazine like this one. Maybe after I come back from Argentina and have no job, I'll apply.

Comments

  1. That sounds awesome! Hah, I love these descriptions. Bring the magazine when you come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Title Nine! Wish I could actually shop there, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I want to see this magazine. I could so see you in this magazine. :) You should send in a little profile on yourself and see if they choose you!!! I would nominate you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your next post should be your Title Nine tagline/picture. What would you choose and say about yourself? I think you fit right in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Holy Plans

Gentleness