Fotos del fin de semana

Dia del estudiante. They had a fair and picnic for the national holiday, Student Day.
An archery activity, jumping houses, slides, trampolines, face painting, and food. A great student day!
After hitting the bull's eye with Johnny and Darrell.

Sabbath afternoon hike to the Puente Negro. More of a trailblazing-mosquioto-fending race.



El Puente Negro en al fin.



Today is un feriado, a holiday. This means that nothing is open, including the library, the gym, and all other buildings on campus or off-campus. I went running this morning at 7:30 and only saw 3 vehicles. Breakfast didn't start until 8:30. So this is how they celebrate. Today is un feriado, then again on Wednesday there is another feriado. So much free time, but somehow it gets filled up so fast. 

Last night I made a phone call from the pay phone in the girls dorm lobby to one of my favorite people, my grandma. The line connecting me to her was weak, and the doors closing me in were far from sound proof, but it was good. Good to laugh. Good to relate. Good to scheme and good to dream. And grandma, thanks for listening and trying out your Spanish. Here are a few more phrases for you: 
        Te amo - I love you
        Buenos noches - Good night
        Chao - Bye
        Buenos dias - Good morning
        Como estas? - How are you?
        Que estas haciendo? - What are you doing? 



Comments

  1. Haha! Grandma has been e-mailing me in Spanish, saying these few things you've shown her! I was wondering how she knew this?! ha! Sneaky Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Puente Negro. It's like running away. Your grandma sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans