6 hours till India

Good thing for my pocket size Spanish dictionary.

I'm leaving for India in approximately 6 hours. Am I ready? I think so, I have my camera, my ipod, my new book in Spanish, Tres tazas de te (also packed my Spanish-English dictionary), my passport, toothbrush, and enough underwear to last for two weeks, I think. I hope, but better double check. My little sister left for Africa today! Is that safe? Safe for Africa, I mean. I'm not too sure. My books by Brennan Manning (Furious Longing of God and How to Think Like Jesus) were suppose to come in the mail today, but didn't. They'll probably come as I'm boarding my plane for Korea in Seattle. I'll be in India Friday evening, having vespers at my school there, with my students, and the family I spent my year with. Then Friday night I'll sleep in the house with my family, all cuddled in the same cardboard cushion bed, munching on the dried fruit I'm bringing. With fresh baked banana cake my Ama said she would make when I talked to her last week. Here's the pre-condensed version of my trip. No ending though. Because nothing really ever ends. 


Comments

  1. You should marry India. You're clearly in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina I am so glad for this. This is a beautiful melody composed long ago but only recently sung by the one whom it was written for, you. Sing away. Sing into the night. Sing till your heart is quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teens. Oh man my heart just got all warm and full reading this. I am SO EXCITED for you! You and India are attached at the hip. Lucky India.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans