Lumps


It's almost 11 and I want to go to bed, but I have a big lump. You know those lumps that keep you from talking and sometimes, even breathing? The lumps that get stuck in the bottom of your throat. The lumps that turn a smoothly iced cake into a lumpy, gross mess. The lumps that make a soft bed look uninviting, or a hairdo seem untamable. I got stuck with one of those lumps tonight. I was frustrated and I tried to gulp it away, but it wouldn't budge. Now, hours later, I'd like to pull my blankets over my head and hide, where I'll stay forever. Or, maybe just another throat with a lump, who understands.

Comments

  1. Tina I hate lumps. I had one last night...but mostly cause I am sick But I HATE them...lets talk soon. I miss you and love you and am praying for you. are you going to be at Emilys thing tonight? I hope that you are. Let me know/ I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teens! This made me want to give you a big ol' hug. Come to Tennessee and get one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your writing in this post.

    I'm not sure whats happening with that lump, but I hope it works its way out. Your too great to have one there for too long.

    You are great! fo fo fo reals :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans