Give me Sabbath!

I've been reflecting on the Sabbath lately. Sabbath isn't the same at camp as at home and I really miss it. I'm ready to prepare my meals and clean the house again on Friday afternoon. I'm ready to welcome the Sabbath on Friday evening with praise songs and prayer. I'm ready to sleep in on Sabbath morning and have my quiet time with Jesus until I go to church or out into nature. And later have good friends over for an afternoon of lunch and games, not to worry about anything until Saturday night. Sabbath I'm ready for you!


I'm currently looking for more ways to make the Sabbath special.
Any ideas?

Comments

  1. I love this. As much as I hate to admit it... I LOVE the routine of College..I love knowing that when Friday night rolls around my God time begins! Im excited for vespers again and friday night dinners!! lets start some tradition on sabbath for next year...I dont know what yet...but somethings really special that we do...and make it a tradition...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just read your blog. you're sitting maybe 5 feet away. we talked about these Sabbath-y things last night as we rode across the surface of the lake.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans