Wish List



When I was little I remember going through the shopping catalogs after Thanksgiving day and looking for items to put on my Christmas wish list, the list I would send to Santa. I always had one thing that I REALLY wanted, more than all the other things. I remember one Christmas I wrote a letter to Santa and told him that of everything I wrote on my list I only wanted one thing. An older brother. That was it, all I wanted. I remember I would talk as if Santa could hear me when I was alone and try to convince him why I needed an older brother. "Santa, I will always be a good girl if you give me an older brother for Christmas." I even started praying about it at night and begging God to send me a big brother.

The night before Christmas is always the same, even to this day. Barely a second of sleep with all the butterflies in my stomach, I waited for Santa to come and bring me the gift I had convinced him I needed, and had prayed for. To my surprise I woke up and ran downstairs. A few presents under the tree and none of them big enough for an older brother. After tearing through all the paper and boxes I was disappointed. I didn't get what I wanted, it would have been a perfect addition to my life. I would have been so happy. Why was I denied it?

I'm 20 years old and I still have a list... and there was one thing I REALLY wanted. I've prayed for it for a while and thought I convinced God that it was just what I needed. I thought He knew what was best for me! But after tearing through all the paper and boxes I am disappointed. I didn't get what I wanted, it would have made me so happy! Why was it denied again?

The year after I wished for a big brother, Ben was born. It was like an upgrade from an older brother to a new, baby brother. God knew what He was doing, and He still does. My requests aren't being denied, they're just being upgraded.

Comments

  1. you're getting better and better at trust. that's what it sounds like me. one day i will have to tell you a long story about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina I wanted an older brother too! I really like reading your blogs, you have such good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Thank you

ArgenTINA Here She Comes